At Heliopolis Electric, the safety of our human resources, the public, and the environment are our top priority. We are committed to a Safety Management System that complies with both local and international standards, and is constantly updated in terms of objectives and indicators.
Our HS & E division trains each member of our team on safety policies and practices to ensure implementation in each phase of each project. The Safety Management System is documented in a HS & E manual which is studied during the operation protocol of each project.
Working hard to maintain the highest quality in all our Standards, Heliopolis Electric is certified with two international safety management system standards, ISO 14001 and QHSAS 18001.
In all we do, the aspect of Safety and the Environment is foremost in our minds, to ensure that we keep people safe and protect the environment. Hence, everyone who works for us, anywhere, is responsible for getting HSE right. Good HSE performance and the health, safety and security of everyone who works for us are critical to the success of our business.
In all our activities and operations, we will:
- Comply fully with all legal requirements and meet or exceed these expectations wherever we operate in the UAE.
- Make sure that all our employees, contractors and others are well informed, well trained, engaged and committed to the HSE improvement process. We recognize that safe operations depend not only on technically sound plant and equipment but also on competent people and an active HSE culture, and that no activity is so important that it cannot be done safely.
- Regularly provide assurance that the processes in place are working effectively. While all Heliopolis electric’s employees and sub-contractors are responsible for HSE performance, line management is accountable for understanding and managing HSE risks.
- Fully participate in hazard identification and risk assessments, assurance audits, and reporting of HSE results.
- Comply with all environmental, health and safety laws and regulations and go beyond compliance where applicable to protect employees, the public and the environment.